Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Never Too Far by Abbi Glines!!!


Never Too Far
(If you haven't read the first book in this series, Fallen Too Far, don't read this post)

Oh Thank God, Never Too Far has finally been released!   Fallen Too Far was amazing and left me completely on edge.  I have been counting down the days until I could get my hands on this book and find out what the hell Abbi was going to put us through next.  I devoured this book.  It was a "Shh, don't talk...Mommy's reading" type of night. 

It was amazing.  Completely worth the wait, and totally hot.  

Fallen Too Far ended, leaving me thinking "wait, what?" and luckily the second book picks right up (well, three weeks later) where the first one ended.  And seriously, not even a couple pages in, a bomb is dropped...and I literally found myself saying "Oh, shit!" as I read the first chapter.  This bomb is life-altering and is the center of the entire book.  

It doesn't take long for Blaire to return back to Rosemary and her old life, minus Rush.  She visits Rush and finds he has not moved on whatsoever and fully intends to get her back, in any way possible.  She honestly thought he would just move on, did she forget how crazy in love he was?  But having known the old Rush, I guess I could understand that seed of doubt taking root.  

"Blaire, nothing has changed.  Not for me.  You don't need my permission.  This is exactly what I want.  Having you here again.  Seeing your face.  God, baby, I can't do this.  I can't pretend I'm not fucking thrilled you're standing in my house right now."  

This book is like an emotional roller-coaster on crack.  I was happy, sad, frustrated, disappointed, elated and then the cycle would repeat itself.  Blaire and Rush each have their share of mistakes, misunderstanding and road blocks that try and tear them apart.  

"I know now that this is where I'm suppose to be.  No more lies.  Just us.  

Never Too Far has the one thing the always gets me in books - a redeemable male character.  I have no idea why this type of character pulls me so much.  Maybe its the transition from dickhead to hero I love.  I have no idea considering my solemate is the exact opposite of dickhead, but Rush is a perfect example of this.  In the first book, he is the epitome of a I-don't-give-a-fuck male, and seeing him become so completely dedicated and devoted to one person is an amazing journey.

"No man has ever loved a woman as much as I love you."

The only thing I hated about this book is that it ended.  I didn't want to leave Blaire and Rush quite yet.  The ending was abrupt, but so sweet and perfect.  But I still didn't want it to end.  I did hear some very exciting news today however.  Abbi is going to write a third book about Blaire and Rush!  She's hoping it will be out sometime this summer.  AND, she is going to write a bonus chapter connecting Never Too Far to the next book.  She also plans on writing a book about Grant.  Lots of opportunities for fanatics like me to continue to ignore real life and live in the "Too Far" world.  

Purchase Never Too Far for Kindle
Purchase Never Too Far for Nook

1 comment:

  1. I am Alex Coleman and I’m American. I am so full of Joy today because of something I thought can never happen has happen in my life and I must share it with the world majorly because, it might give you that is reading, hope and maybe solution to whatsoever that might be your concern.
    Around Late-August, something happened at my working place that gave way to my out of work and as if that wasn't enough, I was charged for assault on one of my superiors in office which I never did but a set-up thing to tarnish my personality and record because I am black and was doing better than the whites in the company. When this thing happened, my family was in jeopardy as I couldn't cater the needs of the family, my children that once ate anytime they love to couldn't eat up to twice a day and I couldn’t pay their college tuition fee. I and the kids have to depend on the little income of my wife and it was a shame to me for I was supposed to be the bread-winner of the family. And still in those difficulties, I will have to go to court and paying visits to my lawyer for the sake of freedom.
    In all this, I was confused, frustrated and anytime I embark on searching for a new job, my offer is always turn down and that made me sick. I did all I could do just to make the company call me back and drop the charges but no way. Something pop my head on a certain day to visit internet for help and while I was surfing, I came across a website in which someone by name, George Merrick gave a testimony on how he was cured of weak erection that made his wife to desert him and how he became reunited with his wife through a powerful spell and magic lord on hoodoospellcasts@outlook.com and I said to myself “Maybe, this spell and magic lord can help me out of my problem” and I contacted him for help, immediately, he gave me a reply and assured me that I shouldn’t worry that my situation was one that shouldn’t weigh me down. Then he told me that before he could help me, that I need to provide some traditional recipes to consult and seek the attention of the gods of his ancestors to my aid.
    And the recipes, he enlisted to me and directed me to a hunter in Kenya to providing the recipes. At first, I were scared and afraid it might be crook but I remembered a friend of mine who was Ghanaian and then I told him about it and he understood my ordeal and told me he could help me with the recipes, that they were common in his country and then I told the great Dr. Esiendo about it and he said to me, “fine, tell your friend to go near a river and call out my name seven times with the recipes at hand; and then the recipes shall appear at my temple. I told my friend what this god said and he promised to do it and surprisingly, at dusk, I received email from Dr. Esiendo that the recipes were at the temple and I quickly call my friend and he told me he had done that which I requested him to do and I was happy.
    Later that day, Dr. Esiendo emailed me and told me he had completed the spell and he gave me instructions on what to do and I did as he instructed and to cut my testimony short, exactly a week, a letter of reinstatement back to work was sent to me by the same company that fucked my ass and charges were dropped. And amazingly, I was promoted and those that blackmailed me were demoted.
    Today, I cater for my family’s needs; my children are back to college and we are all happy.
    If not for Dr. Esiendo at hoodoospellcasts@outlook.com, I am not sure if I will be testifying now. Indeed, he’s a problem solver and a restorer of lost glory.
    Please if you’re experiencing some couple of shits now, don’t fail to contact Hoodoo magic lord, DR. ESIENDO because I am well-sure that if he could help me then he can help you.
    FARE-WELL

    ReplyDelete