Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Currently Reading...

The Demon Lover
Between finishing up home improvement projects, cleaning my house top to bottom in preparation for my in laws upcoming arrival, writing my first novel...oh and working full time and being a Mommy, I am currently reading The Demon Lover by Juliet Dark.  I received The Water Witch (the second book in the series) from the publisher to review so I am starting with The Demon Lover first.
If you love writers like Deborah Harkness or even Diana Gabaldon, this would be an excellent series for you.  Juliet Dark's writing style is beautiful and elaborate.  She doesn't just tell a story, she creates an entire world as she describes every detail the character sees and feels.  It's like watching a painter create a masterpiece layer by layer - truly breathtaking.  As a writer, I'm a bit envious.  ;-)
I'm only about 10% into the story, so I can't say much for the plot yet since I don't have much to go by, but so far I'm interested and enjoying it.  I'll write up a full review once I'm done...but be patient with this one.  Life is about to get bat-shit crazy in my house!  

Purchase The Demon Lover: A Novel - Paperback
Purchase The Demon Lover: A Novel - Kindle Edition
Purchase The Demon Lover: A Novel - Nook Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment