Thursday, May 23, 2013

Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover


Point of Retreat
I could literally sum this book up in one sentence.  

It was amazing.  

Okay, I'm done.  Thanks for reading.  :-)

No, seriously...this book was great.  But, it's Colleen Hoover so I mean, should you expect anything less?  

Point of Retreat is the sequel to Slammed, and takes place about a year or so after the events at the end of the first book.  

Knowing that this review follows right after my review of Slammed, I don't want to give too much away, in fear that I might ruin Slammed for anyone stopping by to read that review.  So, I guess I'll just say that things are going well for Lake and Will, for the first time in a long time.  But it's a book, and obviously things can't stay that way...otherwise it would be a very short, boring book.  The twists and turns in this book are heart wrenching.  Colleen literally takes you in a hundred different directions, tugging your heart strings at every turn.  But, that's kind of her thing, and she's really, REALLY good at it.
“My heart pounds against my chest. Not because I'm nervous. Not even because I want her worse that I've ever wanted her before. It's pounding against my chest because I realize I've never been so sure about the rest of my life than I am in this moment. This girl is the rest of my life.” 
When I started this book, I was curious as to why she named it "Point of Retreat", and I soon found out. There is a definite reason.  And it's a point of, let's say....frustration in the book. I don't know how many times I would be reading thinking to myself "Yes, nice....Yes!! NO! NO!  STUPID BOOK!" and then it would start all over again.  Don't worry, you'll understand when you read it.

There are so many great lines in this book.  I could write nothing in this review but quotes from the book, and that would be enough to hook you.  Point of Retreat is written from Will's POV and I love being inside his head, hearing his thoughts and hearing his words.  It's beautiful, and totally hot.  
“I love you because of you. Because of every single thing about you.” 
So, please...do yourself a favor and read this book.  It's beautiful, romantic and makes your heart swell.  It's a testament to why we all fell in love with Lake, Will and Colleen Hoover.

Purchase Point of Retreat - Kindle Edition
Purchase Point of Retreat - Paperback Edition
Purchase Point of Retreat - Nook Edition




No comments:

Post a Comment